The NCE Disk Tester is a compact and versatile diagnostic tool for all types of ATA hard drives. The unit can test, repair and provide a secure erase regardless of manufacturer or capacity of drive. Control is performed by simple operation through the two function buttons, once the drive is connected to either the
S-ATA or P-ATA interface cable.
The device uses minimal power and runs directly off a standard PC power supply, or an optional jacket socket connection to a power supply.
- Interfaces S-ATA & P-ATA.
- Erase with 1-7X Overwrite, NSA/DOD 5220.22M, and VSITR.
- Test with Verify with ECC, Write/Read compare, Random Seek (10,000 times), Spin-Down & Spin-Up test, Password check, SMART test, Drive self-test.
- Repair by re-assigning bad sectors.
- Dramatically reduce your hard disk costs.
- Minimise repair & purchase spend.
- Save on transportation & administration costs.
- Repair on location.
- On-site data security.
- Protect your customers data with Data destruction option.
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Buy less stock.
- Maximise product lifecycle
Once connected and switched on, you have the simple choice of test/repairing the drive with your desired level of data destruction. The drive will then perform the on-board diagnostics & tests to repair, without any further intervention, displaying the progress of each test. Once completed you get a easy to view “green” or “red” LED with a pass or fail. The screen will then display the completed task, either “Passed”, “Repaired” or “Failed”.
Through this simple “easy to use” device you can expect to yield anywhere from 25 to 50% of drives traditionally deemed to be field failures. As you can imagine having the ability to re-use this volume of inventory placed directly back into good stock without the need for costly transportation and administration through an external repair centre can provide great financial and environmental rewards.
- Simple “Push Button” operation- Pass, Fail, and Repaired on-screen messages.
- Portable & Stand alone (no PC required).
- 1.8”, 2.5” and 3.5” capability with adapter
- S-ATA & P-ATA, works with all manufacturers of drives and all Operating Systems (Windows/Unix/Linux).
- NSA/DOD & VSITR level secure data erase.
- Repair is achieved by the reassignment of bad sectors with a 3x retry.
- Fast (UDMA 5) up to 16sec per GB for test & repair.
- Erase/Test modes, QAtest (fast partial erase for sensitive data removal), VSITR 7X Erase, DOD 3X Erase, fast 1X Erase, SMART test, Random Seek Test, R/W test (destructive), Compare test & Spin-Down & Spin-Up test.
- Drive check acquires drive device information such as model, serial number, firmware, size, etc.
- Provides EMI RFI Shielding
- Firmware updates provided by NCE on a regular basis.
- Simple push-of-the-button statistics reporting in ‘total’ and ‘last 10’ volume and percentages.