Repair Center Bench Engineer
Repair Center Bench Engineer, reports to Repair Center Supervisor
To repair product as prioritized by your working process and/or by the Repair Center Supervisor. Responsible for repairing and troubleshooting RMA equipment to note failure trends. To liaise with customers regarding technical queries. Support Junior Technicians and Technicians with Technical support.
Scope of Responsibility:
This position reports to the Repair Center Supervisor and may require out-of-hours work as necessary. You may be required to liaise with customers directly. A full driving license is required. Customer/Supplier visits may be required, domestically and internationally.
- Diagnose and repair digital assembly boards including surface mount, power boards, LED, processors and other electronic parts down to component level
- Require a high level of background in soldering and reworking surface mount and BGA components
- Ensure all soldering techniques are of the highest quality
- Read and interpret drawings, schematics, layout or defined plans
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results
- Perform testing per specific test procedures by using measuring instruments and computer test programs
- Recreating the original reported fault or complaint
- Replacement of parts and assemblies as required according to the procedures
- Knowledgeable in electronic measuring instruments, assorted related tools and computer test program accurately. Programmable auto-testers, oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies and special test fixtures.
- Downloading software and drivers to test that faults are properly rectified 1st time
- Good understanding in Computer architecture, software tools and operating systems
- Liaise with customers and R and D on NTF customer returns
- Liaise with R and D to evaluate diagnostics and repair procedures
- Assists Engineering group in the development of testing procedures for new and existing products
- Updates the tracking system to clearly outline the materials used and technical activity taken
- Documents test results with appropriate information in a complete manner
- Alerts department manager of failure trends as noted over time. Ensure that all anti-static precautions have been taken
- Keep testing and rework areas neat and tidy
- Responsible for ensuring all tools and equipment issued are kept complete and in good working order, antistatic smock to be cleaned weekly
- Achieve or exceed repair target consistently
- Support Technicians/Engineers and Repair Center Supervisor
- Performs other related duties as assigned by QA/TS manager. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Core working hours vary between 06:00AM to 18:00PM, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch, but in this position it is expected that staff work outside these times by agreement.
- Must have experience in SMT Rework and Component Level Repair
- Three plus years of experience in a high volume Electronic Manufacturing environment
- Several years’ experience in opening up and replacing digital parts on electric meters or similar devices such as transponders or communication modules.
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree or equivalent certification OR be Manufacturer Certified
- Qualified with a diploma in Electronic and / or Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Must poses strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Organizational skills are especially important to keep up with the high volume of repairs.
- The ideal match will be a good team player and possess exceptional diligence and attention to detail skills
- Ideal candidate will desire responsibility and be self-motivated and disciplined
- Familiarity with the principles of data storage a plus
- Electronics Knowledge
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Technical Communication
- Soldering Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- Math Aptitude
- Time Management Education/Experience
Please submit resume to: email@example.com